Raindrop Digital Ltd provides conversion rate optimization services, google analytics and data insight services along with data driven website design.
We take our duty to process your personal data very seriously. This policy explains how we collect, manage, use and protect any information we collect about you to ensure you remain informed and in control of your information.
In this policy references to Raindrop, or to ‘we’ and ‘us’ are to Raindrop Digital Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 9752865.
What information we collect and how
- the Raindrop web server automatically collects standard information such as browser type, operating system, access times, etc.
- information about your computer and your visits to our website.
- any information that is collected indirectly is used by Raindrop only to monitor the volume, type and pattern of traffic towards, and usage of the Raindrop website and to develop the design and layout of the website.
Raindrop may collect and store the following limited personal information:
- information you provide to us when signing up/subscribing to our newsletter or specific contact forms.
- information you provide to us when using any of our services on our website.
- information you send to us through our website relating to any communication between you the user and us.
- any other information you would send to us as part of using our website or services.
How we use your information
We require this information to understand your needs, provide you with a better service and in particular to:
- administer and personalise our website and business for you.
- enable you to use the services available on our website.
- send you emails that you have requested.
- send any email communication, marketing or newsletter, where you have requested that we send these to you.
- provide third parties with analytical or statistical information about our website use or users. These third parties will not be able to identify any individual from that data.
- investigate any enquries or complaints you may have.
- prevent fraud and keep our website secure at all times.
You can decide not to receive communications or change how we contact you at any time. If you wish to do so, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org writing to: Raindrop Digital Limited, Regus Tower Court, Oakdale Road, Clifton Moor, York, YO30 4XL or telephoning 01904 866140 (Lines open 9am – 5pm, Mon – Fri).
Sharing your information
We only disclose information to third parties or individuals in the following circumstances:
when obliged to by law, for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigations;
- if you have agreed that we may do so;
- when we use other companies to provide services on our behalf;
- if we receive a complaint about any content you have posted or transmitted to or from one of our sites;
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions;
- if we believe that we need to do so to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Raindrop, our website or our visitors and for other lawful purposes.
We will never sell or rent your personal information to other organisations.
How we store and retain your information securely
We hold your information only as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. We regularly review what information we hold and delete what is no longer required.
If you decide not to use our services, or request that we have no further contact with you, we will keep some basic information in order to avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future and to ensure that we don’t accidentally duplicate information.
We take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Sensitive and private data exchange between our website and you happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Personal information you provide will either be stored on our secure server which is password and firewall protected or on our secure internal network which is also secured by a password and firewall.
Your information is generally stored on servers and filing systems in the UK but from time to time it may be stored in or accessed from countries outside the UK. Where this may happen, we always make sure that there are appropriate safeguards in place, such as the model contract clauses, binding corporate rules or the EU-US Privacy Shield, to guarantee that your information – and your rights – are protected to the same high standard as under UK law.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices and cookie notices and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those notices or your use of those websites.
Unfortunately sending information via the internet is not totally secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Keeping you in control
We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal data. The new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which are being brought into force in May 2018, give everyone a number of very important rights. These include:
- the right to ask us to remove your personal data from our records (though this will not apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason);
- the right to have inaccurate data rectified;
- the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you;
- the right to ask us to stop using your information for marketing or profiling;
- where technically feasible, the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes.
Remember, you can change the way you hear from us or withdraw your permission for us to process your personal data at any time by using the contact details in section 3 above.
Cookies and Website
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about the way we process your personal information, please contact us using the contact details in section 3 above.
If you are not happy with the way we have handled your complaint or are still concerned about our handling of your personal information, you have a right to take your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF and www.ico.org.uk.